We are very happy to announce the arrival of Gennady Bogdanov master of Meyerhold’s Biomechanics for the workshop: Introduction to Meyerhold’s Biomechanics organized by our company Pas de Dieux that will take place:
INTRODUCTION TO MEYERHOLD’S BIOMECHANICS
March 4 to 8, 2019
Monday and Wednesday – 5pm to 8pm
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 5pm to 7pm
Price: 195 €
Special discount for all former students of Pas de Dieux Company and students from French or foreign universities.
For more information, contact Leela Alaniz by email: leela(at)pasdedieux.com
Workshop: Introduction to Meyerhold’s Biomechanics
During the workshop, we will explore the physical techniques of Biomechanics, a plastic play system created by Meyerhold that provides the actor the necessary tools to re-educate his reflexes; collaborating to move away his daily and mechanical movements; to build characters through a psychophysical approach; to play in a state of deeper concentration and thus master the scenic play.
- Warm up
- Work on rhythm – the “inner musicality”
- Work on the principles of Biomechanics, according to Meyerhold, natural and fundamental elements of the gesture, such as:
- Otkaz (the refusal): a counter-movement that serves both to prepare the action and to give the signal to the stage partner indicating that the actor is ready to react.
- Pacil (sending): the simultaneous commitment to the action and the action itself.
- Tormos (the brake): the constraint that the actor must simultaneously exercise with the force ahead of the pacil in order to maintain control.
- Totcbka (a point in space, the point at the end of the body sentence) or stoïca (posture). They indicate the culmination of an action at a specific point in space.
Studio May B
15 rue Geoffroy L’Asnier, 75004 Paris
Metro, Saint Paul (line 1) or
Pont Marie (line 7)
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
By Phone : Won KIM
+33 (0) 6 71 61 93 94
By e-mail: Leela ALANIZ