Deadline for applications: June 30, 2017
The programme begins: January 2018
Auditions: Paris, July 2017
For more information concerning the auditions
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Application: http://form.jotform.me/form/51392747413457
Download Application Form: http://iti.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Application-Form2018.docx
Enrolment Information: http://iti.edu.sg/admissions
To visit ITI website: http://iti.edu.sg
Professional Diploma in Intercultural Theatre (Acting)
Five Reasons to choose ITI
Quality Theatre Education Unlike Any Other
Distinctive, intercultural training modules that include four traditional Asian art forms, paratheatre skills and cross-cultural peer experience with cohorts who hail from over 16 countries.
Globally Renowned Faculty
Train under the most respected names in specialised theatre fields and learn from master-teachers of Wayang Wong, Kutiyattam, Noh theatre and Beijing opera in a small student-to-teacher ratio setting.
Professional Performance Experience
The varied modes of learning in ITI culminate in your final year with public performances, where you will work with acclaimed theatre directors as well as professional artistic and production teams.
Connections to an acclaimed alumni network
ITI’s impact goes beyond your graduation. Our worldwide award-winning alumni network from 16 countries have collaborated on projects and work platforms and continue to do so. Be a part of this growing interconnection.
Continual Creative Work
100% of our graduates stay in the creative sectors post-ITI. They contribute to the cultural landscape in significant ways everywhere – as artistic directors, directors, teachers and lecturers, actors in film and on stage, as researchers and more. You will too.
“Nowhere else is there a programme like this, which incorporates traditional training from world cultures, and instils a contemporary sensitivity and mission.”
Stan Lai, directeur artistique, Performance Workshop, Taïwan
Intercultural Theatre Institute (ITI) was founded in 2000 by acclaimed dramatist Kuo Pao Kun and current Director T. Sasitharan. This is a unique, three-year, full-time professional training programme for actors in contemporary intercultural theatre. It immerses students in traditional theatre forms from Asia, and juxtaposes these intense interactions with both Stanislavskian and post-Stanislavkian actor training techniques.
The programme features the following modalities:
• Four Asian Traditional Theatre Forms include Beijing Opera, Kutiyattam – an ancient Sanskrit theatre form, Wayang Wong – a traditional Javanese court dance and Noh Theatre – major form of classical Japanese musical drama
• Acting, Voice & Speech, Movement, Technical Theatre, Taiji and Humanities
Click to see the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLl8oivx–o
• Be above 18 years of age
• Have a GCE ‘A’ Level certificate, or equivalent cultural literacy
Note: Graduates from colleges, polytechnics and universities, as well as current theatre practitioners are welcome to apply
• Demonstrate artistic talent and ability, maturity and commitment, at audition(s), interview(s) and in a written assessment
• Be proficient in English. This means a GCE ‘O’ Level pass in English, or its equivalent, or a pass (score 50% or higher) in an English Proficiency Test, administered at the time of the audition.